I'm looking
for help...
Aidpage is free!

Free downloads: GrantGate®  Federal Money Retriever®

Federal Family Education Loans

Published on AidPage by IDILOGIC on Jun 24, 2005

Administered by:

Who can benefit...

Generally, for the Federal Stafford, Unsubsidized Stafford, and PLUS programs, any U.S. citizen, national, or person in the United States for other than a temporary purpose, who is enrolled or accepted for enrollment in a degree or certificate program on at least a half-time basis as an undergraduate, graduate, professional, or vocational student at a participating postsecondary school benefits. If a student is enrolled in a non-degree/noncertificate course of study, the student may be eligible for Stafford or Unsubsidized Stafford loans for one consecutive twelve-month period, if the school determines that the course of study is necessary in order for the student to enroll in a program leading to a degree or certificate. A student enrolled on at least a half-time basis in a program that is required by a State for a professional credential or certificate for employment as a teacher in an elementary or secondary school located in that State is eligible to receive aid under the Stafford Loan, Unsubsidized Stafford, and PLUS programs. Consolidation loan borrowers need not be enrolled in any school to be eligible.

About this section:

This section lists the ultimate beneficiaries of a program, the criteria they must satisfy and who specifically is not eligible. The applicant and beneficiary will generally be the same for programs that provide assistance directly from a Federal agency. However, financial assistance that passes through State or local governments will have different applicants and beneficiaries since the assistance is transmitted to private sector beneficiaries who are not obligated to request or apply for the assistance.